The Frugal Canadian

A frugal spender seeks to find new ways to save money and increase her net worth.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Free $10 gift card for Sears Credit Card signup

I was doing some last minute holiday shopping and got a free $10 gift card from Sears today. All that was required was signing up for a free Sears credit card and paying for my purchase with the Sears Card. The whole process took about 5 minutes and now I have an extra little gift to pass on.


I didn't think I would qualify since a year ago, Sears had a similar promotion where if you signed up for their free card you would get 10% off your purchase. Once I had signed up last time, I immediately cancelled the card after I had paid the purchase off. The only condition for me to be eligible on the current promotion was that I didn't have an active account for one year. I apparently made the cutoff by 2 weeks.

I'll cancel the credit card again this time so I'll be eligible for future promotions.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark year you calendar, and make sure you visit Sears next year.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! Remembering to cancel those department store cards is the hard part for me.

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't understand how to use these store cards and get the benefits they promise - on quick calculation they appear to charge too much from you. And I hate the problems od canceling and applying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home